What is the Sister School Program?
The Sister Schools Program connects students in Guatemala to the students in your school. and classroom through pen pal letters. We will connect you with a class of Guatemalan children that your children can correspond with or learn more about. There are three ways to participate:
- Participate in a local fundraiser
- Collect donated supplies to be used by Guatemalan children
- Be a penpal with select groups of Guatemalan classrooms.
Our hope is that this program will not only allow for valuable relationships to be formed between students in your area and in Guatemala but that it will also raise awareness to the situation that these Guatemalan children are in. One hundred percent of the funds your class raises will go directly to the schools and children in need.
Purposes for the program:
- Give your students an opportunity to learn about the children and culture of Guatemala
- Provide Guatemalan students with an opportunity to learn about American culture
- Raise awareness and funds for Guatemalan schools and students
How do I get started?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest and the following information:
- What school do you work for? (Include grade(s), school name, city and state)
- Which elements of the program are you interested in?
- Remember to include your name and contact information!
Once we receive your information we will provide you with additional information to get started.
If you have any further questions, please send your emails to:
Shelli Tolman – Director of the Sister Schools Program @ email@example.com